CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Minnie Mouse party for Skyeley's 2nd birthday

Last Saturday was Skyeley's 2 year old birthday party and we decided to go with a Minnie Mouse theme. She really loves Minnie and has since she was little, so we thought it would be appropriate to do a Minnie party now that she is old enough to understand. I started by going to my favorite go to party place, Etsy, and found this adorable invitation.
I also had decided to do a photo booth and found cute photo booth printable off of Etsy. I love to have a fun photo opportunity at any of my parties so my girls can remember who came. Our photo booth did not disappoint any of us, and even the 2 year olds that came, got the concept of holding the props for a picture. They turned out very cute.

 
Since Skyeley's friends were so young I knew we wouldn't be able to hold their attention for very long. We played pin the bow on Minnie. My mother in law made me a Minnie Mouse head out of vinyl and we stuck it to the wall, and then had someone from Etsy make the cute bows to stick on. I did have the older kids blindfolded, but for the little girls I just let them stick it on.
After we were done stick the bows on, I gave the girls their goodie bags so they had a bag to put their candy in from their piñata. The goodie bags included, Minnie Mouse ears, a Minnie Mouse notebook with crayons, a Minnie Mouse bow, and a bracelet. Each girl picked their goodie bag based on the color of the ears they wanted.
 
 Then it was time to go outside for the piñata. I let each of the girls take a turn swinging the bat 3 times and then they all grabbed a string, pulled, and it started raining candy.


Then we came inside and did cake and ice cream. The girl I normally have do our cakes is pregnant and so I didn't ask her to do our cake this time. I ordered a cupcake cake from walmart and was pleased with how it turned out, minus the part where they put, "Happy Birthday Skyeler." I even went to the store in person and ordered the cake and spelled out her name for them. Oh well, it makes it more memorable.

After everyone was done with cake and ice cream, Skyeley opened her presents.
She got a baby and some candy from Kacey, Al, and Kynlee
She got a tutu, fairy wings, necklaces, bracelets, and candy from Kole
She got a Minnie Mouse backpack full of baby necessities inside from her Nana and Grandpa Autie.
Thanks to everyone who came and supported us. You really never know how much I really do appreciate the love and support you show to my family and me. It means so much to me that you would come during your busy days to help celebrate my girls and making them feel special.
 
 
 
 
 

0 comments: