CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Princess Tea Party!

I was really trying to hold off on this post until after we held Kenzley's party, but I am just so excited with the decorations and the planning I can't keep it a secret anymore. I have always wanted my children to have really nice and fancy parties but my husband isn't a fan, mostly because I don't have a problem swiping the credit card, ESPECIALLY when it comes to our girls. This year I thought I would try my hand at a homemade party. Through blog hopping I have came across several cute ideas. I am going to try and remember where each idea came from so I can link back to the appropriate blog, but if I forget one, don't hate me, just simply leave me comment so I can edit my post. I started the home made party with the invitations. Perfect place to start if I do say so myself.
This is the invitation that we sent out to all her little friends and cousins.The turned out really cute, I came up with the saying off the top of my head, typed it up on the computer and printed it out. I then cut it out to look like a banner and glued it on to the card stock. I then used my Cricut to cut the glass slippers and wands. I found a tiarra paper punch at Wal-Mart for $3.00. Next I had to find princess tea sets because I everyone knows you can't have a tea party without the tea sets. I was able to track them down at the online disney store for $9.99, that was even cheaper than Wal-Mart.

Next I was looking at decorations I could use for the tables and I ran across a couple of simple but really fun ideas. The first idea I am going to use is the lollipop tree idea. I can't remember which blog I got the idea from, but thanks for the idea. They are so much fun to make and I really liked the way it turned out. It isn't all the way complete but I  just need to add the crinkle tissue paper around the bottom to cover the styrofoam and it will be complete. I got green styrofoam for the bottom and cut it to fit in the bottom of my glad container, I got a wooden scewer for the trunk of the tree, and a styrofoam ball for the top. Next I used only green dum dums around the bottom for the grass and then I used my Cricut to cut the flowers, I stuck the dum dum through the center of the flower and in to a styrofoam ball.

A close up of the grass

The finished project! The next project I did I got from Julie at  http://www.joyshope.com/. She is simply amazing and crafty. She came up with this fun idea:

Super easy, just go to dollar tree buy however many silver platters you will need and buy enough silver candle holders to go along with your project. Then stop at your favorite home improvement store and pick up a drop cloth, spray paint primer, your favorite colors of spray paint, and gorilla super glue. When you get home lay the drop cloth down and then put your platters and candle holders on the drop cloth. Go ahead and prime each object and allow it ample time to dry before flipping it over to prime the other sides. Once the primer is dry, spray paint the platters and holders to your hearts desire and glue it together. Place a heavy object on the very top of the platter to ensure there is enough pressure so they will hold together. Seems pretty easy, right? Well leave it to me to screw it up. After I had finished the painting process, I decided I would put them through the dishwasher so I could put food right on them and the food would not have a weird taste. NOT A GOOD IDEA! I should have sealed the paint first. Needless to say I had to start all over again. Well I didn't have the patience for it this time so I cheated. I went back to dollar tree and found some cute summer plates they had and made something similar. Here is mine and now I don't have to worry about my food tasting funny!

I never could find the silver candle holders. The dollar tree I went to was out but the glass ones work just as well and the glue does work just fine on the glass. There are the party platters we are going to use to put our food on. We will have 7-layer jello glass slipper jigglers, rainbow cupcakes, and cookies to eat. I am so excited for this party and I hope it turns out the way I have it planned in my head. I went to Michael's and picked up some tiaras with matching wands for the girls to decorate.

I got them some foam stickers and some jewels that are like stickers as well to use for decorating. I hope this isn't to hard for the little girls to do. I didn't want to use glue because I was afraid it would get eaten. We also received the bounce house for the party. It isn't princess themed but I don't think the girls will mind.
It is as incredible as it looks! I will blog about the party with lots of pictures after it happens. Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Leanne Joy

You are so stinkin' creative! I may just have to steal another idea or two. :) I'm hoping we will be able to make it to the party, but I'm not sure yet if we have a family BBQ that day.